Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Help Needed

Got a few words from Jimmy, and it's nothing pretty.

Judging by the profiles of the people signing up, almost none of them can play an instrument.

Scream.

But we can't turn our customers away.

So, here's the Emergency Contingency Plan that we MUST put into action:

- Compile a list of songs that are popular/catchy, can be played by a band, and contain only 3 chords, with the maximum of 4 chords.
NOTE: We must consider all genres. So far, I've looked into Maroon 5's 'She Will Be Loved', Snow Patrol's 'Chasing Cars', and One Republic's 'Apologize' (but the chords are hard to play). We need more pop: Mandarin Pop, J Pop even, K Pop if anyone's up to it, and some of the English Pop side that I may not be familiar with.

- For every song, provide chord charts, score and lyrics.

- Prepare the backup band that will play behind the 'band' if need be. Most likely MadHatter (as Mandric was with me and Jimmy spoke to him too) AND we may need to pull in DMATers to help us. (CCA points!) I foresee that this will have to be implemented, as there will be groups of 5 singers and no band.


I can't do this on my own. It's a LOT of work. So, it's time to distribute the workload!

Mandric will help us, as it's his band that may help us out. Vera, we need to find people to just get the songs and rake up existing chord charts, scores and so on and so forth. Anyone that has music scores, charts, leadsheets, whatever, we need to find them.

But, two people aren't enough. We need more people - not necessarily people involved with the camp - to help us. And maybe give a food voucher or something as a reward (XD).


Helphelphelp, it's only 3 weeks away!

4 comments:

Vera said...

Ok. I'll look into that. we'll have a meeting with Jimmy at 2pm tml. come if you can. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

i'll try to find easier scores but no promise it will be the most latest pop songs...it's okey right??

*Oddity of Life* said...

It's okay. Classics are good.

Ack, I can't make it at 2! I can make it at 12 but not later than that. :S

-MP

*Oddity of Life* said...

What I found so far:

- She Will Be Loved (maroon 5)
- Chasing Cars (snow patrol)
- Apologize (one republic)
- Come Undone (robbie williams)
- She's The One (robbie williams)
- Bring Me To Life (Evanescence)
- Better Man (robbie williams)
- If Everyone Cared (nickelback)
- Savin' Me (nickelback)


Need more chinese pop songs. A Robbie Williams fan-friend of mine helped me find some songs too, listed in here as well.

=MP